Sunday, May 24, 2009

4 shows in Norway start the tour.

Customer service? nope. Expensive as hell? yep. One of the most beautiful countries to drive the coast? Definitely.

Show 1: Sandnes. Outdoors, rainy, cold. They stood through it all and wanted more. True Viking blood! Dokken Opened for us.

Show 2: Larvick. Outdoors, rainy, cold. They stood through it all and wanted more. True Viking blood! Dokken Opened for us.

Show 3: Trondheim. Outdoors. Beautiful sunset and weather as we played to 20,000 in the town square. Europe opened up (and kicked ass)! Dokken played a late show nearby that was a blast. I've been goin stir crazy so I found an after hours biker bar that reminded me of an underground high school party complete with outdoor bonfire. One thing of note was the DJ. This "tough" biker bar played the crappiest techno music (is that redundant?), alternating with a rock selection.
Selection #1: Holy Diver, by Dio. Back to techno.
Rock selection #2: Holy Diver by Dio. More techno.
Rock selection #3? Holy Diver by Dio, again.
Now I dig that tune, but someone should've just put the DJ down. I still don't know what to make of this. Back to the Brittania Hotel, which much resembled an old folks home, but with a labyrinth for hallways. The only thing my bathroom was missing were safety handles on the walls! Of note: Close to the airport, we drove through the town of HELL. People actually live there, and in the winter, it DOES freeze over!

Show 4: Bergen. Indoors. We have a day off before the show this time, in which I'll do some solo sightseeing. I'll later meet with my good Norwegian friends Funky Halvor and Guro for food and/or beverage, and to reminisce of our fun times together last summer with the Jazz Mafia. G'night.
-UD



Here's a slide show and some home movies! Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. I thought you were kidding....Hell exists AND freezes over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bam-badda-bam, badda-bam-bam-bam, bam-badda-bam badda baaam, baaam! bam-badda-bam-badda baaam, baaam!
    bam! bam! bammm!
    (you decide if that's Dio or techno... LOL!)
    see ya next week, all being well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont you ever talk that way about techno again or its all off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, that was from fifi...polite police--dont ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norwegian media reported 5.000 people at the show in Trondheim, not 20.000 ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uriah..thanks for your first "impressions"..o well..1)Dio-techno mix..lol..maybe RJD will think about it!WEIRD!2)glum bathrooms?UD!BUT..you had a very luxurious looking backstagearea in Trondheim!!! WITH..backgroundmusic thrown in (haha,hi TD!)3) 5000 or 20000 =LOTS!!!!!!Keep up the great job..rain or shine.and a MASSIVE thanks..for THIS..you are our connection..very appreciated!!!
    YOU deserve a beer..or 3..it`s on me..some time..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog as always! You guys rock! Can't wait to catch the shows in CA/NV!

    Take Care,
    ~E :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, techno is crap, noisy and nothing but loud noise. Anyways, I love the look of your waiting area. Looks very elegant and done in splendid taste. Great job Whitesnake decorators.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't count! I now know it was less than 20k, but def more than 5k...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you were well-received. And I have to chuckle at the names of your friends from all over the world; you sure lead a colorful life :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a great show in trondheim, I dont know what you use (ha ha ha ha ) but I think there was 7 000 and not 20 ooo people there. By the way i was the pretty guy (lol) standing next to Ruth. I also did buy a bass guitar for my son that is 9 years old when I was in Trondheim so lets pray that he will become the next Uriah. Beside that I had this dream tonight that I aranged this festival in my home town where WS did show upp to play and you took my son up on stage to play with the Snakes leaving a jeulosy (I now that aint right spelling)) father in the crowd watching. The night before me and the hole band went out with a boat fishing the hole night and the sun did shine trow all the night as it uasully does here up north.

    PS. You did not catch any fish

    Thank you again for rondheim Jon-Kare

    ReplyDelete
  12. That should say: Thank you for ROCKHEIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics here, Uriah!
    But....is it possible `i know some photo's very well...LOL
    Thanks again for giving us a great time in Norway.
    Lots of love, partygirl

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, bit of Garage Band acoustic magic in the background there,

    ReplyDelete